Armin Meiwes, a 44-year-old computer technician from Rotenburg, Germany, lived a lonely and fantasy-filled life. He was born on December 1, 1961 in Kassla, Germany. His father was a stern, authoritarian who showed little interest in his only child and when Armin was only 8, his father abandoned the family and had no further contact with them. His mother domineered his life, accompanying him everywhere and often admonishing him in public.

At the age of 12 Meiwes began fantsizing about eating his imaginary friends so that they would remain a part of him always.

In 1999 when his mother died, Meiwes constructed a shrine to her in their mansion-type home in Rotenburg. He also had a replica a mannequin's head that he would lay on the pillow next to him each night. Also at this time Meiwes developed an interest in internet pornography, particularly that which dealt with torture and pain.

He eventually found his way into chat rooms that specialized in cannibalism and in 2000 Meiwes posted a message on the Cannibal Cafe website advertising for a young, well-built man aged 18 to 30 to slaughter and then consume.

On February 14, 2001, Bernd-Jurgen Brandes, a 43-year-old engineer from Berlin, responded to Miewes post and agreed to be killed and eaten. On the evening of February 25, 2001 Brandes arrived at Meiwes home in Rotenburg.

He swallowed 30 sleeping pills, a bottle of Vicks cough medicine and a bottle of Schnapps. Then he allowed Meiwes to cut off his penis and bandage him so that the two of them could eat it. Brandes tried to eat some of his penis raw but claimed it was too tough and "chewy" so Meiwes sauteed the rest of Brandes penis with garlic, salt and pepper but ended up burning it.

Meiwes assisted Brandes into a warm bath so that he could finish bleeding out and then sat down to read a Star Trek book. Ten hours later Brandes was still alive so Meiwes stabbed him in the neck several times in order to put him out of his pain and suffering. The entire death process including the amputation of Brandes penis was recorded on videotape.

After Brandes was finally dead, Meiwes hung him on a meat-hook and stripped chunks of flesh from his body. He even tried to grind up the bones to make flour. He stored the flesh in plastic bags hidden under pizza boxes and dined on it over the next 10 months.

When his supply started running low, Meiwes posted another advertisement along with details of Brandes death on cannibalistic websites looking for another willing victim.

The authorities were notified when the ad was seen by an Austrian student whom Meiwes had contacted and assured him that it was not a sick joke. When his gruesome story was picked up by the press, Meiwes was dubbed "Der Metzgermeister" or master butcher.

Meiwes was arrested in December 2002 after police raided his house and found the remaining flesh in the freezer and the videotape.

The case proved to be problematic for German prosecutors given that Bernd Brandes was a voluntary participant and the fact that at the time of the incident cannibalism was legal in Germany. Still Meiwes was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to 8-1/2 years in prison on January 30, 2004.

One year later Meiwes was retried after prosecutors appealed the sentence. They claimed that the sentence was too lenient and because he had mental problems and had consumed a large quantity of drugs and alcohol, Brandes was not legally capable of given consent.

On May 10, 2006 Armin Meiwes was convicted of murder and his 8-1/2 year sentence was changed to life in prison.


Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha hell yeah brotha

Post a Comment