Independence Missouri 1956, 16-year-old Sharon Hall found herself in the unenviable position of mother-to-be. Not given must choice she and the baby's father, John Kinne wed in October. The marriage quickly soured and Sharon began a not-so-secretive affair with a friend from high-school, John Boidizs.

Deeply in debt, Sharon and John got into frequent arguments over their finances and her desire to buy a new Thunderbird. Finally fed up with the lies and cheating John demanded a divorce.

Sharon took the news in stride or so it seemed. If anyone was going to end the marriage it was going to be her and on her terms. She waited until he fell asleep on the couch and then calmly walked up to him and shot him in the head with a 22-caliber pistol.

When the police arrived she managed to act appropriately distraught as she explained that her husband was shot accidentally by her 2-year-old daughter who was playing with the gun while she was in the bathroom, definitely not mother-of-the-year material!

Unbelievably the police actually bought her bizarre tale and the death was ruled a accident!

As soon she as collected the insurance money she immediately purchased her new blue car. You guessed it a Thunderbird! In addition she collected a new beau, the salesman, Walter Jones.

Two months into their affair Kinne announced to Jones that she was pregnant and that she expected him to marry her. Jones had other ideas. He explained to her that he had no intentions of leaving his wife. Sharon, quite undeterred, came up with a new game plan. Patricia Jones, Walter's wife, disappeared suddenly. Sharon told Walter that she had met with his wife to tell her that he was having an affair with Sharon's sister, there is no sister. She suggested that maybe his wife had left him. The reaction she got was unexpected to say the least. Walter put a knife to her throat and threatened her. She agreed to look for his wife. Sharon Kinnes along with John Boldiz happened to "locate" the remains of Patricia Jones at a local lovers lane. She had been shot four times with a .22-caliber pistol. Sharon sure loved her .22's!
Since she was the last person seen with Mrs. Jones, Sharon was arrested and charged with her murder. She was also indicted for the murder of her husband since the same caliber and type of weapon was used to kill him.

Sharon Kinne was acquitted of the murder of Patricia Jones because ballistics failed to match the bullets from her gun to the ones that killed Mrs Jones. She was however found guilty and was sentenced to life in prison for the death of her husband. Her conviction was later overturned and she was ordered a new trial. A second and third trial both ended in mistrials.

A fourth trial was set for October of 1964. Sharon Kinne had had enough. She hooked up with a small-time thug named Samuel Puglise and skipped the country for Mexico.
Once in Mexico she dumped Puglise and met up with Franciso Parades Ordonz. They checked into another hotel where they registered as man and wife. Two shots rang out hours later and Sharon ran from the room and tried to escape but the gate to the motel was locked. When Enrique Rueda, the hotel manager, refused she shot him also but he managed to somehow wrestle the gun from her and hold her until the police arrived.

Ordonoz was shot twice in the heart. Sharon claimed to the Mexican authorities that she had shot him in self-defense when he attacked her. The authorities didn't even blink an eye as they dismissed her explanation and charged her with murder and attempted robbery. She was held without bail, definitely weren't giving her a chance to escape, until her trial. She was found guilty and immediately sentenced to 10 years in prison. At this point she should have learned to keep her mouth shut because when she appealed the conviction the Mexican court increased her sentence to 13 years.
Sharon had no intentions of complying meekly to her sentence. On December 7, 1969 she disappeared from the Ixtapalapa Women's Prison. She has not been seen or heard from since.
There are those who are of the opinion that Sharon Kinne is dead. In my opinion, however, I think Sharon learned from her mistakes. She learned how to create a new person and completely covered her tracks and if she was still up to her murdering ways she definitely did not leave any evidence behind!


Anonymous said...

Too bad there isn't enough information out there about this woman.

I read her biography and I live not too far from her hometown.

Anonymous said...

My name is James C. Hays. I have recently put my True Crime book on Barnes & Noble Nook and's Kindle. The title is: "I'm just an ordinary girl." The Sharon Kinne Story. Sharon Kinne, housewife and mother murdered her husband and blamed the two-year-old daughter, murdered her boyfriend's wife two months later and, while awaiting a new trial, killed a man in Mexico. All this before she turned twenty-five. Myself and this remarkable story have been featured on Unsolved Mysteries, Discovery I.D. Channel's series Deadly Women and Nippon Television's Sekai Gyoten News. This book sells for $2.99.
Kindle Link:
B&N Nook Link:

jeanne miller said...

When i was 3 or 4 years old ,i remember Sharon tried running my grandma and mom off the road . The road going to Missouri City MO. My grandpa and grandma run the Wilsons Fish Market under what use to be the old Liberty bridge . Sharon threw a beer bottle out of the car , hitting grandmas 55 New Yorker . I remember mom telling me to get down in the back floor board of the car . Mom told me later in years that Sharon did not like her . I guess we were lucky !

Post a Comment